Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Focal Point Of Our Lives…

I don’t know if this is true for others, applicable across cultures or equally valid for guys… but why is it that I feel our entire life revolves around finding the right partner!

I’m not denying that I’d love to run into the right guy… ‘cause I’d love that!
But why is it taking too much out of our thoughts and feelings?!?

I have no answer for this question… I’m just wondering out loud… so if any of you have suggestions; don’t hesitate to fill me in! But I noticed that whenever we girls get together this issue takes up a lot of our mental space!

We live to visualize what life with that significant other would be like! We create dreams and wait for them to turn into reality...

But the fact that our life revolves around finding the significant others just makes everything else seem like it’s not enough… you don’t enjoy it… like something is always missing!
Maybe I’m wrong… but sometimes I feel I’ve achieved a lot in my life… not a lot as in worldwide, recognized achievements, but I haven’t done so bad and I’m still not satisfied and I still feel finding that significant other might be the element that will complete the picture…

And I wonder, when that significant other is found, when the life partner is there… will I get that feeling of completeness? Will it be worth the wait? Will it really be the beginning of my dream of a perfect life? Or will I have another focal point around which my life exits!

Or is the focal point of our lives… the lack of satisfaction of where we are at the moment and what we have!

Honestly, I really have no clue!

8 comments:

  1. This is one of the oldest difficult issues or questions that faced humanity. In my opinion, i think the "balloon method" is the best approach:
    What is the best way to enjoy a balloon? if you kept it TOO close to your heart, you wont see it or allow it to fly and in the end u will get bored or make it burst.
    If you left it to go away, u will lose it forever to somone else.
    The best thing to do is to give ur balloon its liberty, and guide it in the same time. To leave an enough space, but dont lose grip
    The balloon is anything u long for : from a good moment to a good partner passing by a good job oppurtunity, If u managed to balance things,u r on the right path:)

    Omar Sameh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madonna,

    I just read your latest blog post after seeing your post on Facebook. I really enjoyed reading your blog, I think you are a very gifted writer :-)

    The question you ask is a very good one and as a guy, I feel like I have an opinion on this subject. I don't believe that guys dwell as much about finding the right partner as much as women do. I feel that women often think A LOT about finding a husband and they even dream about what their knight in shining armor will be like even when they are little girls. When we young boys come to play, we like to pull out our guns and shoot each other and take our toy cars and make them crash into each other. But when the cute little girls come to play, they play house, making imaginary coffee, tea, and biscuits. Their play often revolves around being a home maker and doing things of the family. Which then begs the question, why the difference between men and women?

    I think the best answer is in the Bible. It says in Genesis 5:1-2 that in the beginning, God made us into both male and female and that we are created in the image of God. So naturally, there are differences between how men and women behave and think. But also, the Bible says that when God created Adam He said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.”

    So what's my point? The way that you are feeling is completely normal because both men and women are wired from birth to want to have a husband or a wife. We might differ in how much we think about it, how we go about searching for it, but in the end we are wired to want to have that perfect partner. Even the church is a symbol of the marriage that we will experience in heaven as the church is called the bride of Christ :-)

    So why share all of this? So that you will know that its perfectly normal for this subject to dominate your conversation when you get together with your girlfriends. You are wired to want to have a husband and we are wired to want to have a wife. God has the perfect husband waiting for you if you will just wait on Him :-) I just shared this with my wife and she agrees.

    I hope this helps,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Peter! Thanks for your comment! What you're saying is very valid! Men and women are naturally different and I understand we tend to focus more about finding Mr. Right and I don't doubt at all that God has the right person for each person.

    I don't mind the wait at all.. I'm just wondering if it is worth the amount of thought we put into it! And why everything seems incomplete... It's sometimes frustrating that what my life revolves around, or the focal point of my life is something that is unknown when it'll happen or how it'll happen! I hope you get what I mean...

    Send my regards to your wife!Please keep reading my blog, it would be great knowing your input on other posts as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems u didnt like my comment, or didnt notice it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed it, just didn't seem like it needed a reply :) But your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got it MadO :-) I think the answer is that it will be worth it! Maybe that's because I'm just an optimistic person or because my one year of marriage has been everything that I wanted it to be and so much more. I think God knows how to give the best gifts and your husband will be a wonderful gift and you will also be an amazing gift to him :-)

    I like reading your blog. I hope you'll continue to post your new articles on FB so that way I and others can see when you've posted something new. BTW, do you have an RSS feed?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! I always post them to FB, sometimes I write something and I wait till Sunday to post it on FB because ppl usually check their FB when at work more than during the weekend here! I'm glad you like reading it :)I'm working on getting an RSS feed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you my friend

    ReplyDelete