Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Monday, November 14, 2011

FACE Your Relationship Issues!

So by now we are all sure I'm not quite the pro on relationships, however I'm good at observing... and listening to surrounding stories! Hence, I came up with the conclusion that relationships have becomes digitally influenced. What happens via social media and particularly Facebook really takes its toll on our relationships and emotions... Usually causing problems! 

We sit and analyze what people do digitally and make all these random assumptions and most probably they screw up our minds BIG time! And I gotta say, I know this happens with girls... boys I'm not so sure, but I'm guessing it happens or they know how to use it well against us very well knowing how we think!

For instance, here are some situations I've seen, heard or been through...
  • OMG he is no longer single, does this mean he's dating?
  • OMG I can't click on his picture anymore; did he put me on limited profile!
  • His status on Facebook says "thinking" does this mean he's considering what I said!
  • His status says "fed up," I think he gave up on me! 
  • He wrote relieved, it means he's glad it's over!
  • I can't believe we just finished arguing and he posted a Mafia Wars or Texas HoldEm Poker update! He really doesn't care! He's been playing while we argued! 
  • Who's the girl who has been clicking Like on everything he says!?
  • He just wrote he's happy, it means he's with someone else! 
  • I checked his quotes, he's become so deep; you think he's changed, I think I stand a chance with him... 
  • Since when is he into CityVille and FarmVille, he must be too bored without me! Or maybe that other girl is making him soften up! 
  • He has a new friend on Facebook, I wonder who she is! How did they meet!
  • OMG, I just realized he's been on Twitter, his tweets show on FB... he never told me he created an account or followed me! He must be hiding or something! Or he doesn't want to be my "friend" anymore
  • His status is "worried" should I call and check up on him. 
  • His Facebook relationship status is "it's complicated" maybe he's breaking up with his girlfriend and I should call him and be there for him! 
  • He just posted a link to Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here," I think he misses me...
  • He just commented on his friends pic, it means he's online, why isn't he answering me..
  • You're mad at him you "un-friend" him on Facebook, you're back talking you "add him again" 
  • You wanna bug him after a fight you change your status to "single"
  • Others posts pics so you figure out he's gone out and not told you, or gone out with "girls" you don't like... 
Even more, the FIRST thing we do if engaged or married is update our relationship status for the world to know!

It's really endLESS... The non-stop scenarios we create to try and figure out what's going in with the other person makes us use Facebook to: spy on the guy if we're together, know his updates if we're broken up; see if he hooked up with someone when we're playing hard to get; criticize the guy if we hate him; know anything about him when we miss him; find reasons to hate him when we want OR find reasons to get back in touch with him when we need it... AS IF Every single thing he posts is an indirect message to us! 

True, what ever we guess could be true! But it could be that Facebook settings have changed and you just can't click on his picture; or he is thinking about a new job post; or he's fed up with traffic; he's happy 'cause he had a nice night out with friends; or the new girl he added is someone from work; or his quotes have always been there and you haven't seen them; or he's just bored and found a new interest in Facebook games; or he JUST felt like listening to Pink Floyd!

There is just a million different explanation!

I donno about you guys, but when it comes to relationships so far Facebook just messes things up! And when girls get together and talk... seriously, Facebook plays a major role in their relationships, love life and particularly fights!

The same happens with BBM's and Wats App statuses... we've really come to use technology in ways that frustrate us. Rather than making our life easier for us, they make them worst! It's already enough technology is messing up our face to face and direct relationships, we don't need to make it worst by playing guessing games that bring the worst out of us. 

Well the saying has been going around and I think it's really true... we need to FACE our problems rather than FACEBOOK them! Or at least we shouldn't use FACEBOOK to complicate things for our selves and mess up our brains with random ideas! It would really be easier to get up and make a clear cut effort in trying to find out about the lives of the people who matter to us 'cause clearly, all these nonsense we do, simply mean we still care!  It makes sense to me rather than just guessing stuff and crying about things we're not sure they even exist!

before you shoot me, I KNOW, sometimes all we've got is guessing, but it's just hectic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment