Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Friday, November 4, 2011

Procrastination Queen...

I think if there is an award for the number one world procrastinator I would really have a BIG shot at winning. I honestly have a major problem at getting important things done. I manage to waste time pretty much doing everything and anything except what I should be doing...

Let's take today as an example... I woke up 9:30 a.m. with a 100% intention that I'd focus on my thesis... I promised myself I'd make use of this week, that God has gifted me with, in order to finish my thesis... So my agenda for today's thesis included:
  • Reviewing at least a 100 surveys in order to remove invalid ones
  • Data entry of at least 80 surveys 
  • Reviewing my intro and literature review for spelling and grammatical errors
I've promised myself that I'd get this done, and if I finish those I'd take the rest of the day off, have a little fun and do my 1 hour workout that I promised myself I'd do...

Anyhow, it's 4:40 pm and this is what I've done so far in my day:
  • 10:00 - 10:30 fooling around with my sister's new iPad
  • 10:30 - 10:45 drinking coffee
  • 10:45 - 12:00 decided I'd re-design how my blog looks
  • 12:00 - 12:30 walking around home, talking to family, eating a banana 
  • 12:-30 - 1:20 watching latest episode of Desperate Housewives
  • 1:20 - 2:00 Facebook-ing and Twitter-ing 
  • 2:00 - 3:00 lunch 
  • 3:00 - 3:45 watching yesterday's Grey's Anatomy episode
  • 3:45 - 4:15 FINALLY I reviewed 20 surveys
  • 4:15 - 4:35 coffee "break" and more Facebook-ing and Twitter-ing 
  • 4:35 - now since my status was on FB and Twitter was that I'm a pro at wasting time, I ended up here, writing this...
So... Ya... I'm the queen of procrastination... Sadly, I can't even being to explain how much I need to focus and get my work done... I honestly have to. This 10 day holiday is really my savior to finishing my Masters and I have to use it well.. 

Point is, when I end up wasting time, neither do I get the job done nor do I have fun. I'm just stuck at home under the illusion that I'm working, when I'm not. So really, if I'm home, I should get it done.. If I plan to procrastinate, I should just get up, go out and have some real fun!

Needless to say that I just bought a novel on Wednesday and it's sitting right next to me now and I'm fighting temptation not to grab it and start reading!

Now that I've let out my anger towards my poor time management skills, I'm hoping I really get back and do what I planned for to do at the beginning of this day.

And I hope I get my one hour workout! I need it too! 

C ya :) 

~ Let's say it would take me another 15 mins to color and format this post... plus I hear some fight in the street that I'm going to check out. Hopefully by 5 pm, I'll be back on track! At least I'm a queen at something, lol! 

2 comments:

  1. lol @ eating a banana! I don't know why that just cracked me up....I cud c u walking around with it in ur hand, pretending to be doing something very important, I.e.: eating it

    I know exactly what u mean though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! well, now I'm eating an apple! lol! my day is just fruitful :D

    ReplyDelete