Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Sunday, February 5, 2012

What Do We, Egyptians, Want?

Okay, my opinion will piss off a lot of people... And I will be dissed and regarded as un-revolutionary... but in the so called "democratic" world we're pretending to live in, I'm entitled to express my opinion, regardless of what others WILL or may think...

So,  personally, I don't see anything positive or promising since Jan. 25th, 2011... I keep trying to spot something positive in what has happened and I don't! And this revolution has unfortunately lost my support! And I don't know if I will be to support it again. I honestly have no reason to think positive! 

What have we achieved since then... it's basically nothing? So what we have made a regime step down... what has happened since then... nothing. Are we moving forward, please take a moment to be honest with yourself and answer this question!

What have we gained?
Dying youth...
Moving from one temporary regime to another...
Insecurity...
Random attacks...
Screwed up tourism...
Weak economy...
Lack of productivity...
Massive losses in the stock markets...
Random chaos...
Religious tension...
More unemployment...
Lower wages... 

Yes, what happened, we would have not imagined in a million years... it was a step, people planned and people achieved... but since then... what has happened?! I know... people will tell me I'm not being patient... that its yet too early for us to move forward... but we are moving backward and will continue moving backward... ASK ME WHY? Because we have no clue what the hell we want!!

We praise Shafeek, we damn Shafeek, we ask for Sharaf, we ask him to leave... we celebrate with the army  and how we are one united hand and now we want them to leave DESPERATELY... we want democratic elections and then we cry over their results....

What the hell do we want!?
Why can't we give whoever is in charge a chance to do something?

And now... you want the military to leave?! What next... who will be in charge? Who do you recommend? Because at the rate that we're going we will never be happy with anyone... everyone who comes will be asked to leave in a month or two... And when we finally elect a president? In June or even tomorrow... what makes you think we will accept him or give him a chance to fix things! What makes you think we won't cry over who won the same way we cry over everything! And start this mess all over again! 

Is this sane?
Do you see this as a plan?

How will attacking the Ministry of Interior help with anything? What are we trying to prove? Will it bring back the people who died? Will it help the truth to emerge! Or are we just ruining more buildings that could mean something for the us as Egyptians in the future. Where is the patriotism when we decide to ruin our country! C'mon people! Please! Some logic!

I'm not saying go home! I'm saying at least go back to Tahrir!
Stand peacefully!
Stop the violence....
People are dying!
Am I the only one seeing this! -uff!
Please! 

And now, how is civil disobedience going to solve anything!?
Are we screwing the army or ourselves! 
Do you realize civil disobedience means more lack of productivity and more screwed up economy? More massive stock loss? Do you know that it means that you won't get paid because your manager is a guy who gets paid as well and this is screwing him!  Do you know that you won't find food for your children because factories will STOP production! The country will freeze due to the stoppage of public transport! Every single resource will be a scarce resource! I'm sorry, but this is bullshit! To me at least! 

At the rate we're going, I don't see any hope for stability... And i'm not impatient... I'm speaking about a general attitude... We have no idea what we want!? I'm not exempting myself! No one knows what we want... and as a country this is the worst thing ever!

Where is the plan!? Our wants and requirements are growing! We wanted to put down a regime... and it's down... we keep making up stuff along the way. We keep shifting opinions. We are leaderless... and I doubt we'd agree on any specific route to take... we are in a  political MESS! 

We can't keep changing our plans hoping this one "inshalla" works out!
It won't!

I'm not anti-revolutionary! I was happy when it happened... when I thought we had a plan... when we I thought we knew where we were going... When like most people I was optimistic and had reasons to be hopeful... but now... seriously enough! 

73 people died watching a match for God's sake!
What more are we waiting for! 
We're the only losers in this game! 
And for what!?! 
And where else are we going! When does this end! And is it worth it?
Enough chaos for the sake of the people!

We're not gaining anything except young people dying! 
Every person dead is a family ruined! A family who at the end of the day is left with nothing but pain. Because their loved ones... died for nothing in return.

Please ENOUGH... 
Let's stop... breath... be patient...
And wait for change to happen... in it's normal path...
What will a few months change...
Slow down the chaos... 
Enough demonstrations...
Give us a chance to pick up our pace... 
Develop! Move froward....
Give those people who have promised change a chance to really enforce change!
Allow the people who have died... to have died for a cause!
Give this a cause a room to happen, to be achieved. 

I know, no one will like this.
But in the "democratic" world we currently live in...
I think I'm entitled to say my honest opinion...
And you as a person who asked for democracy... 
You're entitled to accept what I said.

I'm not passive...
I'm not ignorant...
Please all I'm asking is a chance for stability!
I'm begging you! 

I too love my country!
I'm saying this because I love Egypt!
Because I feel bad for what's happening to Egyptians!
Because I want to see Egypt better!

Again... I'm begging you!

No comments:

Post a Comment