Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Friday, February 18, 2011

You Came Too Late...

"You Came Too Late," is a poem I wrote back in December 12, 2003.... I was going through my book of poems and came across it; I dunno why I'm posting it 8 years later, maybe I liked it, remembered why I wrote it or perhaps reliving the same feelings...

Anyhow... here is how it goes...

When I loved you, I was ready to give up everything...
But you pushed me back, said you didn't need a thing...
The love I offered was so great...
And only for you, was my heart shaped...

But you chose her over me...
You thought she'd love you more than me...
I told you she'll make you cry...
And you thought it was just a lie...

Now she left you and I see tears in your eyes...
You come running to me, but my heart is dry...
You hurt me before, how do you think I'll reopen my door...
You came too late, now I can't be yours...





No comments:

Post a Comment