Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Laughing At Me...

So with years I've learned that the best technique to escaping an embarrassing situation is to laugh at yourself with the people rather than watching them laugh at you with humility... so here is a list of some of the embarrassing moments in my life, that I may have not laughed at back then... but now I say what the hell:


Having my shoe fly in the face of one of the hottest/cutest guys in school...


Always being compared to my older sis in school for being an angel... "why can't you just be like her?" 

Having my sister's name called instead of mine during MY school ceremonies simply because my teacher taught her before...
Being wrapped in aluminum foil for a school play because the custom designer was probably too lazy to design a custom and with every move I'd hear a crack and rip...

Actually being an alien in front of the entire school in senior year is more embarrassing...

Herd the expression circumcision in Arabic for the first time while I was in university and asking public ally out loud... "Dr. what do you mean by...," okie we all know participation isn't always impressive!

My economics professor telling me in front of the entire class: "ady da2ny law etgawezti (i.e. you're never getting married) because I couldn't answer the question: what are kitchen utensils made from... apparently he had vision, lol!
My first "set up" date, I remember the guy talking about himself throughout, none stop, so interrupted.... "I'm sorry when do I get to speak?" - awkward moment of silence! Not sure my friend ever tried setting my up again! 

This guy in school used to call me everyday to ask me what the homework was, my dad once picked up and told him, "it's impossible you never write the homework... starting writing, stop calling!" We were in 6th grade, talk about defamation to my social presence! Thank God we now have cell phones! 

I have a pair of driving shoes so I don't mess up the heels of my good shoes... anyways, I start walking down the street and everyone is giving me the weird look, so I give them the "what the hell is your problem" look..." I later realize I'm walking around with different shoe pairs..one blue and fancy and the other one is white and crappy!

First few weeks at work, I really had nothing to do... so I decided to watch the latest episode of Desperate Housewives to kill time. A person from IT walks in and says he needs to check something with the connection... thoughtlessly, I give him the laptop... only to find me watching two people making out on screen! I'm the new girl and I don't know what he thinks I watch in work! Good he left work! Lol!

So I was born and raised in Saudi, where women can't drive or do much. Anyways, it was the Egyptian/Arab Mother's day which happens to be in March and my dad was away and I really wanted to get my mom flowers! Anyways, I asked a friend to get me the followers to school 'cause I just can't drive around! He does a great job and gets them to me... he walks in first period with a big bouquet and asks my teacher, "can I speak to Madonna?" My teacher says, "we're in the middle of class." Once the guy leaves my teacher looks me at and asks, " did he have flowers?" So I'm like... yaaa... so he says, "Go Madonna... run after him.... these moments don't happen a lot in life!" Trust me it would have been more embarrassing if I said they were for my mom! 

Me and my friends decided to have a dish party and this time I told my mom, I'm cooking... you just rest! I ended up using hair oil instead of cooking oil! Crap! 

Every time I go anywhere and people know a "Madonna" exists in the room, they start faking the most American, cool accent and ask, "where is MadOnnnaaaA?" I raise my hand and the look on their face is like... "oh it's you... wutever!" You can tell they're were looking for a hot blondie! 

This is what I have in mind for now... may be later I do an embarrassing moment part 2 when I regain some of my memories

9 comments:

  1. LOL
    I wish I had a good enuf memory to write my own! hahaha these r good! made me laugh out loud for real

    ReplyDelete
  2. tesada2y da7akteeenyyyyy awyyy awyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ur posts are making my days latterly i like whatever you wrote

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahahaha...:D RA days rocked ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummm... I'm guessing this cud be yara, i cud be wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahahaha u remind me of the good old days LOL! apparently msh good awi to both of us bas now we look back at em n laugh ;)

    this is misha btw hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. leh they were good! i miss the old day! they were better than now at least :)

    ReplyDelete