Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Monday, April 23, 2012

Craving Cheesecake!

So I figured... everything in life that you really wish for... you probably crave for at some point in time. For me, its cheesecake... I don't know what is it about cheesecake that makes it come to me in a severe rush every now and then... It's like this urge that comes to you... "I want cheesecake here and now," and there is one of two things; I either eat it or not. And when I don't again there are two scenarios... I either keep craving it for a while until I eventually get some cheesecake or I simply grow out of it and don't want it anymore...

So... am I really talking about cheesecake?
Nopes; it's quite metaphorical to anything we could possibly crave for...

Take for instance a guy you're craving for...
At first you're going nuts hoping you get him...
And then you don't...
And then you stay for a long time craving, hoping he ends up with you...
And after a while you start to resent him... not want him anymore!
May be you get the urges again every now and then, but eventually they disappear... or stop meaning much...

And who knows... maybe later, he comes to you... on a plate, on his own...
You still like him, after all you never really hate cheesecake, some of it is never bad...
But that insane, crazy feeling that you "crave for him" isn't there...
Is it sitting there on the plate and you're looking at it with deep "craving eyes?"
Not really... you're probably looking at it saying, "where were you when I wanted it?"
You're happy he came but it's not giving you the same satisfaction that you were looking for...
It lost this effect on you, the one that makes your eyes glitter... taste its beauty before taking a bite...
He's no longer this soft cheesecake with dripping, shinny sauce and freshly rounded berries...
He's just cake; tastes good but not heart dropping, delicious...

SO...
Don't settle for just cake...  in almost anything!
Don't settle for just a normal dessert, for just a guy, for just a job or for just a dress...
Settle for what you crave for in its most intense moment...
Never settle for less than cheesecake... one that makes your eyes and heart sizzle... one that is mouth watering; a piece that you'd enjoy every single bit of; you wish it never ends... and you can't wait for more. The kind of cheesecake that excites you with every bite as if it's the first one.

Eventually... you'll find the perfect piece of cheesecake...
One that you almost always crave...
One that always gives you this insane sense of satisfaction...

2 comments:

  1. "And who knows...maybe later he comes to you, on a plate, on his own...."where were you when I wanted it?"
    I can totally relate to that! When I was a teenager, I craved for yearssssss - then I lost interest and BAM - he came on a plate...too late I thought to myself as I finished highschool. LOL

    But thankfully I have my cheesecake now - literally. hehe - no seriously its in my fridge right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!
    I think everyone can relate at some point in time!

    Glad you found your cheesecake; literally and metaphorically :D

    ReplyDelete