Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Sunday, January 23, 2011

When Do Boys Grow Up...

Whoever said boys will be boys is smart!

I could really end my post here! LOL! I’m sure all girls are like Yeah… and the guys… well you all know I’m right! LOL!

So seriously, when do boys ever grow up? NEVER! I don’t think they ever do. They always want someone taking care of them and telling them what to wear and what to eat and where to go...

I mean, girls seem to be more dependent but the truth is, a guy throws everything on the any girl/ woman in his life... he needs to be taken care of like a kid. I won’t deny sometimes it nice to take care of them, but generally speaking, they’ve become more dependent!

Boys… well... they usually do not do jack around the house… they wanna find nice meals, they wanna find their laundry done, they wanna have their clothes ironed… they sometimes dunno where their clothes are… LOL!

When they’re kids… they ask to be fed (actually they always ask to be fed)….

When they’re teens… they complain about their unwashed pair of jeans (again they do that throughout their lives)…

When they’re adults… they get to be the careless and cheesy ones? (I sense my jealousy)

When they’re married… well they play with the kids (that's positive by the way)... but they don’t study for them, or clean them up or help with the dishes. LOL! Sometimes they even ask random questions like where are my socks! Seriously dude?! Why should I know where your socks are!?

They grow older… they want you to make them tea, coffee, remember the soccer matches they wanna watch… LOL!

If you work with them (in class, in uni, at work...) they expect you to be the one in charge, the one who remembers details, the ones who puts things together...


It's endless...

If you have any boy in your life… a kid, a brother, a parent, a classmate, a friend, a boy friend, a husband… whatever he is… he’ll always be the kid… and he’ll always want and "need" to be taken care of! 

The funny part is… they’re in denial… they’re fit for claiming to be MACHOS… they believe that working and being required to make money and provide for a family is the ULTIMATUM... but seriously girls endure more... they handle more pressure, they work harder, they deal with a lot of biological crap, they multitask better and have more expectations to meet than guys...
Also endless :P

Boys can actually go on forever about how much stronger and more responsible they are… well my answer to that is… YEAH RIGHT!

Boys will ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be boys and that just makes me laugh…
The ACTUAL piss off is that… we still can’t live without them! LOL! See… one good thing about you all to end with :P

Again... despite all the above mentioned, there are few exceptions... another good note!

4 comments:

  1. I agree - boys - no matter what age - need taking care of! I've seen it in my brother, my husband, my father AND grandfather! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a male, I agree with your sentiments here. Men never really grow up but I would ask one or two questions.

    Is it their Mums fault, traning of expectations and responsibilities starts really early in life. it is fair to say that Mum has the greatest impact initially on setting these rules and expectations. If she allows her boys to get away with it, or panders to their every need then they will be raised with that expectation. So MUM's please stop raising spoilt men.

    Secondly whilst I think the points you make are universally true, I think they are a little exaggerated in the Egyptian culture. I have never come across a group of men who are so insecure in their manhood that they have to prove it over and over again.

    We need to value the differences between men and women as it is this union that creates a better world. However you are letting your men get away with too much, stand up for what you believe in , and force them to take responsibility and there fair share of the nurturing responsibilities.

    Love Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Kevin... ur two points are completely valid!
    I dono about the last bit though... some stuff are deeply rooted in culture!

    ReplyDelete