Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Torn Between Space...

Some of you might have read this poem before; it's one of the very first poems I ever wrote... I was leaving Saudi Arabia, where I spent 18 years of my life... And I think I'm just missing those days, the people, the place...

Born and lived in a place,
Now I'm heading to a different case,
I'll miss it, thou I hated it,
I won't be able to go back,
As if erased!
But only by name,
Not in the Heart,
All the time spent,
And all the friends made,
Will be a history never replaced,
Left behind,
With my memories as the only trace,
A truth that has to be faced.
Why didn't I live on the land of my race?
Then this day wouldn't come,
When I'll be torn between the space,
A land where my childhood was,
And a land where my future is yet to be placed,
All I can say is that.... I'm Scared!

Sometimes I question if I'm still at this crossroad!

Sometimes I wanna walk around my old street, my old school... it's nice to able to visit old places... and I can't do it... It's as if I'm restricted from my own childhood!

I miss Saudi... Old is truly gold, never replaced!

2 comments:

  1. Madonna, i LOVE this. I relate a lot to it.

    Home is where the heart is :)

    -Maryam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maryam..
    Thanks for following! I love this post as well... I wrote it in 12th grade (7 years ago, lol)! But you're right,home is really where the heart is!
    Keep your comments coming! :)

    ReplyDelete