Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Maslow...

So Maslow is a pretty amazing guy I guess... he came up with a pyramid known as Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs...  which looks something like this:



Anyhow, although I'm sure all of us know it, in brief, this pyramid explains our needs as humans; we start with basic physiological needs like having clothes and food; then safety like have a shelter; then love which you feel from family, friends and loved ones; then esteem which means you're confident and you feel you're developing and growing; and finally self actualization which means you feel damn good about how far you've gotten in life and you're achieving what you've hoped you'd achieve on the different levels of life!

Of course at the age of 25 I'm no where near self actualization... HOWEVER yesterday  I got into some debate at work... that made me that I've achieved, even for the day, what seemed to be esteem! Regardless of what the outcome of the debate was or will be... whether it was a success or not... the process itself was rewarding... gave me confidence.

It made me feel like I've grown at work... and despite the fact that the idea of growing up depresses me and scares me as one of my previous posts shows; the idea of growing at work is amazing! It's a boost to move forward; an indication that you're on the right track! This sense of achievement is kick-ass, when you realize you got the conversational, debate and analytical skills! It gave me more confidence in my capabilities... and trust in myself that I will one day get where I want to be! That my ambitions aren't impossible to achieve!

Maslow baby... here I come :) Make place for me on top of the pyramid! 

No comments:

Post a Comment