Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

People In My Life!

Life is a roller coaster! I'm gonna try my best not to break my streak of positive posts ... however I gotta say life is sometimes too dynamic for me! Changes happen to fast... it's unbelievable! 

The people we meet in life and those whom we choose to be our friends, or they choose us, or it happened naturally (whatever and however it really was) are the people who define who we are to a big extent. They shape our habits, change who we are and we change who they are. They leave deep prints in our lives, memories we look back to and times we look forward...We share dream and hope for the future, we count on each other and we expect that we'll always be there for each other every step of the way, through thick and thin!

However, over the last 7 years it has been my destiny to get detached from the people I love and know...

In 2004 I basically had to say good bye to my childhood friends, maybe to my childhood as a whole... I left Saudi and came to Egypt for university in hopes of starting a better and more stable life! It took me a good 1 to 2 years to get used to these changes... For a while there I thought I didn't need friends, MSN was my good companion... 

During my first year in university (2004-2005), I stayed at the dorms... I met people there from the different walks of life; friends from different countries, from different provinces within Egypt, friend who came to Egypt just to study while their parents and families lived  elsewhere... AGAIN as I left the dorms and as we all graduated, each of them has gone back to where they came from... and again... 

With the end of university in 2008... life got pretty busy with all of us! Some work abroad, some work 24/7, some got married, some got kids... we've changed jobs, met new people, left the new people, met newer people... it's a vicious and endless cycle!

And again YESTERDAY... was the farewell of two of my very dear and few friends... both heading to better futures and careers  in other countries! And honestly, as much as I wish them great and amazing lives... I'm upset... enough already, I'd like to have some people stay where I am in life! These two particularly I wanted them around for ever and ever and ever! Ya we'll meet again for sure (it's not an option not to) but I'll truly miss them! 

Will this be the end of it? Not really! I'd be kidding myself! I myself want to leave and change my life! I know a few other good friends who want to leave! I know it's a natural part of life.. a normal progression... but it's a damn killer! A sad one! True technologies have made keeping in touch an easier thing. We can talk and see each other! But it's not the same as being physically there! Sometimes things happen on the spot and you want someone to be there right then and there! 

I might just wanna look at a friend, share eye contact knowing she knows what I'm thinking, call for emergency tips on life, get excited over something that happened, go on relaxing trip or shopping frenzy... or call to gossip... or cry to them or laugh with them or simply just know they're around! And technology is good, but it doesn't make all that same! 

So these are the people in my life... globally dispersed! It's a good chance to tell them all: you guys are and will be missed! And I'm really doing my best to keep in touch and will always do in hopes that things will be always be the same between us and that we'll SOON meet again!

U all know who you are! 

Lots of love!

- Sigh!

2 comments:

  1. Madooo.. U will always be a big part of my life.. no matter where we are.. and as we promised we will stay in touch and with that, i mean REGULARLYYY =) I LOVE U SO SO MUCH :*:*

    ReplyDelete