Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Opposite Of What I Say…

There is this quote that I’ve come across over the past while and I honestly don’t know who said or came up with it, but it became known across Facebook and it got me thinking; so here is how it goes...

"There's always a little truth behind every 'just KIDDING', a little knowledge behind every 'I don't KNOW', a little emotion behind every 'I don't CARE', and a little pain behind every 'it’s OK'."

I loved that quote the minute I saw it; for a while I thought I like it ‘cause it sounds real and cute… but then I was like damn!

Actually everything I say when I’m down, upset, hurt or exposed I usually mean the exact opposite…

So...

When I say… It’s no big deal; it actually is a huge deal for me…

When I say… I’m okay; I’m actually saying I’m really not okay…

When I say… who cares, I care a lot and wish people cared as well…

When I say… I never wanna speak to you again; I actually mean that I’d never wanna stop speaking to you…

When I say… I don’t wanna talk about it, I mean that I really wanna talk about it…

When I say… never mind, I do mind… A lot…

When I say… leave me alone, I actually want you there…

When I say… forget about it… it’s actually all I think about…

Sometimes I even say… “lol,” when I’m actually hurt and think there is nothing to possibly laugh at…

And the list can go on forever… I guess you got the picture!

So why do I say the opposite of what I think and feel? I really really really dunno! It could be ‘cause I don’t wanna make it seem like I care too much, or ‘cause I wanna sound like I’m strong and things don’t get to me…

And I realized I do end up giving the image that I’m MACHO, when I’m really not even close to it! People assume I’m a lot tougher than I really am, they think things don’t get to me, they think it’s hard for me to be upset… they think I’ve got stone cold heart… when as a matter of fact, lol, I’m the most emotional and sensitive person I ever came across… and I think that’s exactly what I’m trying to hide!

I think it even pushes people I care about away, ‘cause when I’m upset in general or from them, I ask them to leave me completely alone… what they don’t know is that I never want them gone!

So I’m basically confusing myself and others, if that makes any sense!

So, I don’t know if I got to work on changing that. Maybe I need to work on better expressing what I really wanna say and how I really feel! Or maybe there are people who would understand me better and would understand how I feel and what I’m trying to say when I say those things!

I honestly dunno… all I know is that how I feel turned out to be exactly the opposite of what I say!

May be you guys should tell me if any of you are like that as well... would make me feel better if I'm not the only one who feels something and says another!

No comments:

Post a Comment