Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Bigger, Better Person…

Sometimes in situations where you’re about to get into an argument with someone dear to you… someone else interferes, or an inner voice tells you: "Be the Bigger, Better person!"

I’ve always tried to be that person; to absorb the situation in order to avoid tension, arguments & confrontations that put relationships on edgy spots…
However, I’ve come to realize that being the Bigger, Better person has its downfalls…
And the word relationship here is a pretty wide term that shouldn’t be linked to male-female relationships; I’m speaking about any social relationship that could exist! In the same time, I'm not referring to anyone in particular, it's just a general feeling that has unfortunately been overwhelming me lately...

People assume you’ll always be that person who doesn’t complain… the person who exists to take the crap of others… the person who will always take initiative: call first, smile first, be nicer, keep in touch…

Honestly it’s starting to piss me off a bit…
I mean… someone else can try being the Bigger, Better person for a change…

Sometimes I wanna be the person whose feelings are taken into consideration and taken care of; I want to be pampered and I wanna be the person who complaints, I want to be the person who people take effort to ask about and keep in touch with…

Someone else can make sure peaceful relationships are maintained… ‘cause for some reason being that Bigger, Better person leads people to think you never get upset... sometimes you even don't exist!
I’m sorry but NO!

In fact, when I keep being that person, I come to a point when I just EXPLODE for no good reason and I turn from the Bigger, Better person to the EVIL person and for some reason people don’t get why I’ve exploded ‘cause I never complained before...

So obviously I won’t change overnight…

But UNFORTUNATELY, although I love being that person 'cause I don't mind making compromises or sacrifice for the people I love (in fact I love it and it's who I really am), I’ll just learn to draw the line at some point ‘cause apparently the Bigger, Better person is taken for granted & forgotten about and people don’t appreciate it… and that just hurts!

2 comments:

  1. I knew a Bigger Better person once...she exploded a while back, and stopped being that person. So, I understand what you're saying, and agree that its often necessary to draw a line and balance the relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yups! Exactly! Balance!! That's the correct word!
    I don't expect any1 to be the Bigger, Better person all the time either! It's just balance :)

    ReplyDelete