Like What You're Reading? Become a fan :)

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Two Boys Who Make Me Smile...

The two boys who make me smile are the very same two boys who make me cry…

Almost every day, as I drive back from work I see them… The most two gorgeous boys anyone could possibly look at… they’re probably brothers, aged 8 and 5… and they are just so overwhelming…

You look at them and you can tell that all they have is each other…

Well, they’re street children… but I dunno what to do or how to help…

Sometimes I smile… sometimes I try to do a little more… it does make them happy, maybe for just a few seconds… but that’s it; which is really nothing…

I was once driving and I passed right next to them and the little one was sitting half on the sidewalk and half on the street where all the cars were moving… so I told him, “at least sit entirely on the sidewalk so you don’t get hurt.” - like that's a smart thing to say...

I kept an eye on him in the reverse mirror; for minute he stared at my car and then he got up and tried to find a safe spot to sit in… dude… all that kid needs is someone to take care of him and it makes me sad!

It pisses me off that a little kid should be carrying such heavy weight on his shoulders…

And as much seeing them care for each other makes me smile… as much as it kills me inside that every day the innocence on their faces is wearing out…

And believe me, when I pass by and they’re not there, I can’t wait till the next day to see if they’ll be there… as if maybe being on the street right there is possibly a safe place… but at least I know they’re there and not anywhere worst…

– sighs…

No comments:

Post a Comment